Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

God's blessings, named and remembered...

A flexible dentist.  You can't get your teeth cleaned during chemo, so they fit me in early and on short notice.

A great group of coworkers in 44icu Tuesday.  The morning started out rough with a power outage that affected the hospital briefly, but the day got much better with some serious teamwork.

A basket of goodies - candle, hope figurine, notepad - cause I love love love lists, and the basket itself to corral the cancer cards that were taking over my kitchen.

A nurse that promised to medicate me well for all things cancer, and she has!

A husband that works when he wants to call in sick, at work and at home.  He has put in some long hours feeling crummy, and I hope he gets to rest on Saturday.

A good song on the radio.  When I had surgery several years ago, I was driving to work on a Sunday morning and listening to the tail end of the Mormon church service before the 6 am news came on the radio.  Their last song was "It Is Well With My Soul."  I was worried and anxious, and it was immediately calming, and I was settled with whatever the end results would be.  I haven't found that "settled" feeling yet, but "Good To Be Alive" by Jason Gray was a great way to start my day on Tuesday.

Pink fingers and purple toes, and the Early Childhood teachers.  It was so so hard to spend money on something as frivolous as a mani-pedi, when I know the bills will be rolling in and I am not working much. I have loved looking at my nails all week long, and thinking of the teachers that surprised me with that.

Spaghetti Pizza Crockpot Extraordinaire.  One kid said "eh, it's all right."  The other had 2 servings and asked for it for breakfast.  In my world, that's a hit!

My taxi driver.  She has walked the cancer walk with her son recently, and has been my go-to for the more basic questions and general venting.  Thank you for spending port and pet day with me.

No comments: