Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another Tuesday PM

These redundant titles are getting old! Thoracic surgeons came by and consented Tom for everything in the world, and they will do the biopsy Wednesday - woohoo!! The actual procedure involves cutting just above his sternum and snaking a camera and instruments behind his sternum to remove one lymph node and test the heck out of it. It could be an out-pt procedure. Maybe now we can start treating the problem, not just making it up as we go along. Don't get me wrong - I don't expect answers tomorrow, but at least we are finally on the hunt for a cause, not just symptom management. He isn't coughing as much today, but is sleeping way more. Hmmm... I am hoping we also get to come home tomorrow. I haven't seen my kids since Monday morning, and I kinda miss them!

No comments: