Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday PM

HOME!! The bronch went well - Tom was highly medicated and doesn't remember it, which is exactly what I wanted to happen. My coworkers are awesome! The rapid tests they did on his lung tissue came back negative for cancer, but that doesn't mean much, just gotta wait until the real stuff comes back for more definitive answers. We'll know tomorrow when our follow-up appt is. The gut feeling is that the legs and lungs were 2 different things - 1 didn't cause the other. We just kinda happened upon the lung nodules while trying to fix the leg swelling. Nobody at Barnes really thinks it was cellulitis, but nobody knows why any of it happened. There really are no answers. We know what it isn't, but don't know what it is. Meanwhile, take some lasix and pee. His BP is down with the fluid and swelling gone. He still has the cough, which is what really bothers him the most, and the docs care about (or perhaps are the least able to fix) the least. He spiked a low grade fever again tonight - could just be the trauma of the bronch and increeased activity of coming home. Waiting, waiting, waiting for test results.

It will be good to take my kid to school in the morning. I need a routine again.

2 comments:

Steve Elkins said...

Hang in there Marcy...it looks like you may have some answers pretty quickly. It's good to know that it's not cancer at this point. Still praying for you, Tom and the boys.
Steve

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you've gotten the tests done. I've been praying for you this afternoon as you had your follow-up visit. I'm not gonna call cuz I know you've got a gazillion people to contact, so I'll watch on your blog for the update.

In the meantime, I'm here if you need anything!

Debbie