Monday, February 23, 2009

The Doorway Mess

This is the doorway from the playroom into the office. Tom was surfing, or working, or whatever it is he does on the 'puter with the door closed. I was working and he had the kids for the weekend, so maybe he was just hiding from the kids. I do it every chance they'll leave me alone for a few minutes, so it's not really a bad thing. Tom could hear Colby puttering in the playroom, but wasn't exactly sure what he was doing. Colby's answer? "I'm building a mess so Evan can't tell on me. So he will trip and fall and he will forget and he won't tell on me. So then I won't get in trouble." I've since cleaned up the mess, and it reappeared larger.
His other share-worthy story? A family friend is pregnant, due any day now. "Mommy, howdat baby dit in her mouth?" He knows that to get to your tummy, you go through your mouth first. My answer? "I don't know. It's just a gift from God." He's happy with that so far. And, he's starting speech therapy. Woohoo! His vocabulary is high, but his enunciation stinks. I really was having to translate for others when he wanted to tell them something.

Evan has finally started sleeping, thanks to a counselor. I don't know what they talk about, but they draw and make stuff - a guard dog from clay, and they are working on a shield to protect him from scary stuff - and he's slept most nights for a whole month. Whatever it is, it's working. We are all sleeping better.

No comments: